You’re booking a 30-minute online Skype Drum Lesson for $30 with Professional Drummer, Barry Birmingham
Please note the following:
- If you would rather use Facetime instead of Skype, Barry can accommodate you. Just let him know in the Order Notes box on the Checkout page prior to checking out.
- In the Order Notes box on the Checkout page, please tell Barry the following: a). What your Experience Level is (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced), b). What you’d like to work on, so Barry can prepare for your lesson, c). The best time to call you the day before your Skype Drum Lesson for a meet and greet, and to test your Skype connection, d). Anything else you’d like Barry to know about you.
- Barry requires at least 2-hours notice for you to book an online Skype Drum Lesson (EXAMPLE: If it’s 9:00am you cannot book a lesson at 10:00am; it must be at 11:00am). This is necessary to prepare for your lesson, work your lesson into Barry’s schedule and give you the most “bang for your buck.” Thank you for understanding!
- You cannot book a lesson more than 30-days in advance (EXAMPLE: If it’s 03/01/16, you cannot book a lesson on 04/01/16, but you can on 03/31/16). This is necessary to minimize cancellations and no-shows, and to help students not forfeit their money paid due to an oversight or unforeseen life event. Thank you for your support!
- All appointment times are Pacific Standard Time.
- Your Online Drum Lesson will be conducted in the English language.
- Your Online Drum Lesson expires 90-days from the date of purchase.
- You can Cancel your Online Drum Lesson for a Full Refund within 30-days up to 12-hours prior to your lesson via email, telephone call, Contact Barry or My Account UNLESS your cancelled lesson is beyond your 12-hour and/or 30-day period and you have not cancelled the lesson within that timeframe, at which point you can reschedule within 90-days (EXAMPLE: You schedule and pay for your drum lesson during the month of April. Your lesson is scheduled for 10am on the 30th and you cancel at 11pm on the 29th – 11-hours prior to your lesson. At this point, you would no longer be eligible for a Full Refund because you did not cancel within 12-hours of your lesson and you are at the end of your 30-day Full Refund period. However, you can reschedule your drum lesson any time within your 90-day expiration period from the date of purchase. If you fail to reschedule your drum lesson within 90-days of purchase, your money AND right to reschedule will be subject to forfeiture).
- You can ALWAYS reschedule your cancelled drum lesson anytime prior to your 90-day expiration period if you cancelled your lesson but did not qualify for a Full Refund (i.e., You did not cancel within 12-hours of your scheduled drum lesson).
- Again, your online drum lesson expires 90-days from the date of purchase, so please keep to the schedule and if you need to cancel, no problem. We understand that life gets in the way sometimes. Just reschedule within 90-days of purchase so you don’t lose your money and/or right to reschedule. An expiration date is necessary for schedule management, to establish non-serious music students and so you’ll get the most out of your online drum lesson, as learning to play the drums is ineffective when lessons are spread too far apart. Thanks for understanding!
- Please be ready for your Skype Drum Lesson: First, download Skype application – Skype Download , have a working computer with webcam & Internet connection, drum sticks in hand, and practice pad or drum kit in place.
- Again, Barry will Skype YOU the day before your Online Drum Lesson for a meet and greet, so be sure to tell Barry what’s the best time to Skype you in the Order Notes box. Then, Barry will Skype YOU at your scheduled appointment time for your Online Drum Lesson, so, again, please be ready for your lesson!
- How To Receive A Skype Video Call For Windows: When Barry calls you, a call alert window will appear on your computer monitor; click the middle green tab – Answer with video. If you have any further questions, please go to Skype Help.
- What Equipment Do You Need To Receive A Skype Video Call: The latest version of Skype, a high-speed Internet connection, a webcam, a microphone and speakers (speakers built-in to monitor or external headset with microphone are good too), and if using Windows a DirectX 9.oc compatible video card. Please note that most modern day computers and tablets already have the necessary hardware and system requirements to accommodate Skype. (Neither Barry nor the SB Drum Lab have any associations with the websites, companies or products in the links above). If necessary, also see System Requirements For Skype and Barry’s blog, The 16 Advantages of Online Drum lessons for more information about how to have an online drum lesson.
- Recommended: Practice receiving a Skype Video Call from a friend or family member prior to your drum lesson to make sure you know how and if your Skype app, computer, webcam and Internet connection are working properly.